+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer reference letters

cdpr

Feb 21, 2022
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for Canada immigration. My documentation process is being done by an immigration consultancy. They say that I need reference letters from previous employers in a particular format(roles and responsibilities). Employers might not have a problem providing reference letters but I'm a little hesitant in asking them for the exact format. I know my job category falls under customer service(listed in NOC) but not sure about roles. If my employer doesn't provide the letter, the consultancy guys say that, we can provide a copy of the email sent to the employer(asking for reference) and attached the other related documentation (such as offer letter, relieving letter, experience letter, pay stubs, reference contacts etc) would be sufficient. But does the immigration officer accept it? Will it work? I want to be sure about this before I make a decision. Please help!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for Canada immigration. My documentation process is being done by an immigration consultancy. They say that I need reference letters from previous employers in a particular format(roles and responsibilities). Employers might not have a problem providing reference letters but I'm a little hesitant in asking them for the exact format. I know my job category falls under customer service(listed in NOC) but not sure about roles. If my employer doesn't provide the letter, the consultancy guys say that, we can provide a copy of the email sent to the employer(asking for reference) and attached the other related documentation (such as offer letter, relieving letter, experience letter, pay stubs, reference contacts etc) would be sufficient. But does the immigration officer accept it? Will it work? I want to be sure about this before I make a decision. Please help!!
Once you get an invitation then there are mandatory documents. Your employment letters must have a certain format. All in the link. You have to prove you can do the NOC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Best of luck since there hasn’t been an EE-FSW draw in over a year.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

Given that there have been no FSW draws in recent times you should probably look in to doing the process yourself. As you have seen all the heavy lifting is still needs to be done by you and the consultancy will just upload the documents. And if they are asking for payment upfront you will likely see nothing in return as there are no draws at the moment.