+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer reference letter issue

Jan 23, 2016
Hi there,

I do not like to expose the fact that I'm planning to migrate, to my current employer. In case of this kind of situation what are my options.

Can somebody please help me.

Thank you,

Clive

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
They look for reference letters from all your employers in the past 10 years - don't think you've got any option but to ask for a letter, sorry.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try the following as it might work:

1) Letter signed by your colleague stating job duties and time you worked in the company
2) Payslips
3) Tax Returns

No guarantees this will work. I have used this for my first employer who closed his business and went into retirement. I have done a diligent serach but cannot find any trace of him on Linked In, so what else can I do. I have reference letters from my other employers though.

syedcrescent

Jan 23, 2016
Hi,

Even i am in the same situation. employer is providing reference letter with weekly hours worked, Annual pay and designation held but, thy are denying to mention my responsibilities on the same. They are saying it will not be provided for active employee. is there any alternate for this?

Thanks in Advance.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedcrescent said:
Hi,

Even i am in the same situation. employer is providing reference letter with weekly hours worked, Annual pay and designation held but, thy are denying to mention my responsibilities on the same. They are saying it will not be provided for active employee. is there any alternate for this?

Thanks in Advance.
To be honest I don't think we are in the same position. You are saying that your employer will give you a letter that does not comply with all CIC requirements, and I am saying that since my employer closed the business and went into retirement I am unable to locate him after an extensive online search. Unlike you I cannot get any letter from my employer that either complies with or does not comply with CIC guidelines.