+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer change before getting PR

Pavel_X1

Feb 13, 2015
Hi,

I have worked for an employer in Canada and have recently extended my work permit to an open work permit. I have a few questions due to this:

1. Since I have an open work permit I can change the employer without any leagal problems, right?

2. If I change the employer, what will happen with my PR application. I have applied as a Canadian Experience class. I remember I have entered my experience working with this employer. Will I have to re-apply for the PR or will I just need to update my documents?

3. Is there more obstacles for a person to find a job with open work permit compare to a person with PR? Do potential employers tend to choose people with PR/Citizenship or it does not matter?

Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Since you have received an open work permit now, you can work for any employer. It doesn't change any thing.

Besides CEC only requires your one year completion as a processing dependency. It doesn't matter if you even work now or not as per terms of CEC.

I don't think it would matter much if you already have an open work permit (so you can start working right away) and will get your PR in due course of time.