+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eligible/ineligible occupations under Express Entry?

nnadalinn

Sep 11, 2014
Dear fellow forum members,

I'd appreciate your insight into my issue below. I've tried to search for answers in the previous threads, but had no luck finding the information I need.

I was planning to submit my application before the Express Entry (EE) scheme came into effect, but I didn't manage to get all the paperwork done in time, so I'm considering applying under the Express Entry scheme now. However, I'm puzzled as to the (eligible/ineligible) occupations? It seems as though - unlike last year - there is no longer a list of eligible occupations. Does this still matter under EE? The reason I'm asking is because my job experience was sort of midway between an eligible and an ineligible occupation under the previous scheme (Translators, terminologists and interpreters 5125 vs. Editors 5122), so I need to know how it works now. How do I go about proving my experience, is it still through a detailed reference letter from my employer? How has the eligible/ineligible occupations thing changed in practice under EE?

Thanks!

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
All ) a or B NOCs are eligible under EE. Go ahead and create the profile.
Other stuffs like pof, ref letter, ielts etc are same...

nnadalinn said:
Dear fellow forum members,

I'd appreciate your insight into my issue below. I've tried to search for answers in the previous threads, but had no luck finding the information I need.

I was planning to submit my application before the Express Entry (EE) scheme came into effect, but I didn't manage to get all the paperwork done in time, so I'm considering applying under the Express Entry scheme now. However, I'm puzzled as to the (eligible/ineligible) occupations? It seems as though - unlike last year - there is no longer a list of eligible occupations. Does this still matter under EE? The reason I'm asking is because my job experience was sort of midway between an eligible and an ineligible occupation under the previous scheme (Translators, terminologists and interpreters 5125 vs. Editors 5122), so I need to know how it works now. How do I go about proving my experience, is it still through a detailed reference letter from my employer? How has the eligible/ineligible occupations thing changed in practice under EE?

Thanks!

nnadalinn

Sep 11, 2014
Thank you @jkal for taking the time to answer.

Jkal said:
All ) a or B NOCs are eligible under EE. Go ahead and create the profile.
Other stuffs like pof, ref letter, ielts etc are same...