+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible for "Two or more..." extra points?

Gasman876

Mar 9, 2022
Hello all. I'm looking at the CRS calculator, does "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." count when combining an ECA stating a 4 year degree with an 8 month (1 academic year) post-grad certificate (Ontario College Graduate Certificate)? Please advise.

This combination takes into account the 4 year degree that took place outside of Canada and already has an ECA document.
The additional course, 1 year post grad Canadian certificate will be complete this year.

Is there any way I can combine these two to get those "Two or more..." extra points?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all. I'm looking at the CRS calculator, does "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." count when combining an ECA stating a 4 year degree with an 8 month (1 academic year) post-grad certificate (Ontario College Graduate Certificate)? Please advise.

This combination takes into account the 4 year degree that took place outside of Canada and already has an ECA document.
The additional course, 1 year post grad Canadian certificate will be complete this year.

Is there any way I can combine these two to get those "Two or more..." extra points?
Yes you can.

Reactions: Gasman876

Gasman876

Mar 9, 2022
Yes you can.
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. The wording seems to be very specific to include what the ECA says OR what the Canadian experience says. So I wondered if I would have to somehow get both the Canadian and the non-Canadian education on an ECA document.

That wouldn't make sense since the ECA is for foreign education only, hence my confusion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. The wording seems to be very specific to include what the ECA says OR what the Canadian experience says. So I wondered if I would have to somehow get both the Canadian and the non-Canadian education on an ECA document.

That wouldn't make sense since the ECA is for foreign education only, hence my confusion.
You have ECA for foreign degree. You don’t need ECA for Canadian education.