+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible for PR under too many categories - which one to choose???

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011
Hi there,

I have been living in Canada (on a work permit) since almost 2 years and now I am planning to apply for Permanent Residency. My "dilemma" is that I have no idea under which category I should apply, and I was hoping to get some help here :)

As far as I understand I am eligible to apply under either "Canadian Experience Class" (well, I will be shortly once I reached the 2 year work requirement), I am also eligible for "Skilled Workers", plus I have a common law partner (with whom I live since one year, and who also is one of the primary reasons for all of this) who is willing and able to sponsor me.

I kind of excluded the "Skilled Worker" class, because there is a limit on how many applications are considered per year. But as for the other two options, I am at complete loss which one to pick. Does anybody here have any advice, e.g. Are processing times significantly different (also considering that I currently live in Canada which might slow down the process for sponsoring..read that somewhere)? Are my chances to get it if I am being sponsored significantly higher compared to me applying for myself? Etc....

Any advice is highly appreciated ;D