+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility determined by the system

Franktian

May 4, 2017
Hi everyone, so today I filled out my express profile again and surprisingly the system determined I am eligible to enter the pool which quite concerns me. Here are the specific details that I really need clarification:

I got my PGWP on June 27th 2016, before that I received a full-time job offer on May 16th, 2016 and started working full-time since then. I got all my CLB at least 7 as well. So based on my own understanding I am supposed to be eligible to apply for EE on June 27th 2017 with 12-month consecutive full-time experience. And today surprisingly when I entered June 2016 as my date "date first became qualified to practice in this occupation" and June 2016 for the start of my Canadian experience and submit it to the system, it tells me that I am eligible already. Like what's confusing is that I think there is still two months to go for me to gain the 12-month experience since it's only May now but how come system determines I am eligible already? Is this expected?

Thanks for help & clarification

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I guess the system considers that you started from June 1st till May 31st, which end up being 12 months. When you add a job, you don't specify the days, so that's probably why. I would say that it's better if you wait after you complete the 1 year.

The date first became qualified thing doesn't determine your eligibility as far as I understand. It's primarily targeted for jobs that need qualifications, nothing to do with the number of years of experience.

Franktian

May 4, 2017
It looks like a great chance to get ITA with the low CRA cut-off at the moment and that's why I'd really like to take the opportunity. I mean the information I entered in my EE profile is 100% true. And currently I do think I have a high chance of receiving the ITA in the next draw. Say if I receive ITA in May and wait till my one year experience is full-filled to submit the application would this work?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Franktian said:
It looks like a great chance to get ITA with the low CRA cut-off at the moment and that's why I'd really like to take the opportunity. I mean the information I entered in my EE profile is 100% true. And currently I do think I have a high chance of receiving the ITA in the next draw. Say if I receive ITA in May and wait till my one year experience is full-filled to submit the application would this work?
This is very common. The current system only counts mm/yyyy format and not days, so it is up to the applicant to assess whether they are in fact eligible. 1560 hours and 52 weeks, those are the minimum eligibility criteria. I would recommend declining any ITA until after June 27, 2017. If you applied for the PGWP on or before May 16, 2016, then you could accept an ITA anytime after May 16, 2017.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Franktian said:
What is your CRS score?

When you get invited, you are invited based on your CRS score pre-ITA. So let's say you get invited in May's second draw (end of this month), you wouldn't have completed your 1 year by then. You could submit your documents after your finish 1 year, but your ITA was based on the fact that you "already" have 1 year of experience before the ITA.

I could be wrong, so better wait for others to verify.

Franktian

May 4, 2017
uppperkut said:
What is your CRS score?

When you get invited, you are invited based on your CRS score pre-ITA. So let's say you get invited in May's second draw (end of this month), you wouldn't have completed your 1 year by then. You could submit your documents after your finish 1 year, but your ITA was based on the fact that you "already" have 1 year of experience before the ITA.

My current score is 425. If I wait till end of June when the new policy of French proficiency and siblings take effect not sure about my chances.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uppperkut said:
What is your CRS score?

Yes, you must meet the 1560 hours and 52 weeks requirement at the time of the ITA, otherwise you will be rejected. Lots of people on this forum have had their applications rejected for this reason, just search.