+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EI information

deepika saini

Apr 29, 2018
Hi All,

I have recently moved to Canada on work permit and joined a firm on January first week. Before completing three months i have been temporarily laid off cause of COVID -19 and i am on EI now. I wanted to apply for PR after one year and for that we need one year full time job, since am on EI does my hours count while being on EI?

Also, my employer may keep me on pay roll if i will stay close to my office and suppose if my employer lay off me again..will I be eligible for EI again?

Looking forward for response.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All,

I have recently moved to Canada on work permit and joined a firm on January first week. Before completing three months i have been temporarily laid off cause of COVID -19 and i am on EI now. I wanted to apply for PR after one year and for that we need one year full time job, since am on EI does my hours count while being on EI?

Also, my employer may keep me on pay roll if i will stay close to my office and suppose if my employer lay off me again..will I be eligible for EI again?

Looking forward for response.
You're not working while on EI, so it's confusing about does your hours count while on EI?
You'd have to work the minimum hours required again to be eligible for EI again