+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effects on Citizenship application: Work in another province for a few months and return to your home province.

francineblair

Jul 3, 2024
Hi everyone!

I'm currently residing in New Brunswick and got my PR under PNP.
I am going on vacation in Ottawa, Ontario, for a few months and will be back in New Brunswick after. I'm going to be with my family in Ottawa.
If there is an opportunity, is it possible and allowed to work in Ottawa and still come back to New Brunswick and work again without having a conflict when applying for Citizenship in the future?

Thank you everyone. Appreciate your insights!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm currently residing in New Brunswick and got my PR under PNP.
I am going on vacation in Ottawa, Ontario, for a few months and will be back in New Brunswick after. I'm going to be with my family in Ottawa.
If there is an opportunity, is it possible and allowed to work in Ottawa and still come back to New Brunswick and work again without having a conflict when applying for Citizenship in the future?

Thank you everyone. Appreciate your insights!
No issues. PRs have freedom of movement. Wouldn’t suggest leaving your nominating province right after getting PR just to ensure there is no issue if IRCC cracks down on people misrepresenting their intention to live and employment in a province but no issues especially if only for a few months and will return to NB.

Reactions: YVR123