+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect on sponsor if trv holder stay in canada

Maheebutt

Jul 4, 2018
Hey
I have Canadian trv visa and just wana knw if i file asylum in canada then it will effect to my sponsor or not ?
And if yes then what kind of legal actions my sponsor have to face if i dnt come back to homeland.

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hey
I have Canadian trv visa and just wana knw if i file asylum in canada then it will effect to my sponsor or not ?
And if yes then what kind of legal actions my sponsor have to face if i dnt come back to homeland.
What kind of sponsorship was that? I doubt there would be any consequence or legal action against your sponsor (it would help if you could provide more details of the sponsorship).

If you have "been forced to flee your country because of persecution, war or violence or have a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group," you should not really worry about any potential negative impact of your asylum application on your sponsor as there would most likely be none. On the other hand, if that's not the case, then consider putting yourself in your sponsor's shoes ... again, there would most likely be no adverse impact on your sponsor as they can't be expected to control what you decide to do after receiving your TRV and entering Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You seem to have indicated that you were not a candidate for asylum in your previous posts and that your husband would not accompanying you. Getting asylum is very difficult and the refusal rate for Pakistanis is not very high. If you aren't approved you won't be able to stay and you will have trouble traveling to many more countries. If you are in fear for your life and have proof that you are persecuted then you should apply. You'll have to show proof of hospital records, police records, articles in the newspaper. You should show proof that you tried to relocate to another area and various other things. You will likely be separated from your husband for almost 5 years. Have you looked at the other methods of immigration?

Maheebutt

Jul 4, 2018
Actually i want to permanently settle in canada but didnt find any appropriate way to get PR. Thats why i m working ln every aspect.
What could be the best way?
2ndly my sponsor was my childhood friend ..she is Canadian passport holder,does it effect on him if i stay permanently in canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually i want to permanently settle in canada but didnt find any appropriate way to get PR. Thats why i m working ln every aspect.
What could be the best way?
2ndly my sponsor was my childhood friend ..she is Canadian passport holder,does it effect on him if i stay permanently in canada?
It is an awful idea to apply for asylum because you didn't qualify any other immigration program. You will spend lots of money paying for lawyers and then will get deported. You will spend lots of your savings, struggle to find work and housing, etc. You and your child will have problems travelling to countries like Canada, US, UK, Australia for decades once you get refused. Do you have sole custody of your child? Is the individual you invited aware of your plan?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You do what others have done: increase your application score or try to study in Canada so you qualify for a post grad work permit and then hopefully you'll have enough points for PR. Unfortunately not everyone can immigrate to Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Wow.....good thing there aren’t millions of people in need of genuine refugee resettlement in the world. As Canuck78 has pointed out, IRCC is pretty astute at determining real refugees from those who are abusing the system (you). A refusal and deportation would very likely be the end result of your claim and justifiably so.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it could be hard for her to invite other visitors. CIC will scrutinies applications even more because you applied for asylum after they invited you. Your friend might also be upset and embarrassed that his tax money is going to support your false asylum claim and that he invited you to Canada. Many Canadians will be angry at you for filing an asylum claim with no grounds. I don't think you understand the asylum process. You will be expected to use all your savings before you are given any welfare. Since you are married that includes your family savings. If you run out of money you can apply for welfare. The amount of welfare you will receive will allow you to rent a small apartment in not a great area if you are lucky. Trying to rent an apartment will be a challenge even if you do have money because landlords don't know how long you will be able to stay in Canada. Although you may be given a work permit nobody will hire you because you are a refugee and have no guarantee of being able to stay in Canada. Usually you have to run out of savings before you are given a work permit. Even if you do work you can't use that experience to apply for PR in the future. You will end up spending over $5000 for a lawyer to represent you but likely much more. I'm not trying to be mean but you don't seem to realize that you can't stay in Canada longterm if you file an asylum claim without merit. You also can't turn a visitor visa into an open work permit when you get to Canada. You are well-educated and am guessing live a comfortable life in India so I am not sure why you think you shouldn't have to qualify like many other Indian citizens who have immigrated to Canada.

Sorry for being so direct but it was clear from this post and your previous post that you were not understanding/listening what people were telling you.

Reactions: Bryanna and jddd

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
canuck78 is right, you don't understand. There should be no seeing the "picture in every corner" when it comes to asylum claims. You either need protection GENUINELY or you don't. As canuck suggested, see the picture in every corner in terms of a student visa or skilled worker programs, otherwise I hope you have a conscience and not be part of those who abuse the system that makes it so much harder for those who have TRUE needs to be protected by this country. Even if you do proceed with an asylum claim, anyone here will tell you, you will 100% be rejected and as for your friend who "invited" you, good luck inviting any one else.

Reactions: PumpkinPoet