+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Work Experience- Gap and family business

CaraHpr

Apr 7, 2022
Dear all,
Background: UK degrees (master); IELTS: passed.

Been working for our family business (registered small tech company) from early 2017 till March 2022, and just got a new job for the same NOC from an MNE.
Question:
1. My dad has been paying me, but irregularly- both the amount and the time- sometimes once a month, sometimes once every 2-3 months, from his personal account, sometimes even through my mum's personal account. But the amounts are irregular. He is the owner of the company though. Will this cause a problem? How do I show the payslip?

2. I went to another country for holiday but was trapped there due to Covid for 5 months and 29 days (30 days if u count both the start and finish dates). I was working online for our business, but my dad did not pay me to my domestic account during this period of time; instead, he sent 1~2 one-off payment through my mum, as he said the transaction fee for overseas was expensive. However, I've closed that bank account before I left.
1) will this be a problem if I include it into my work experience? I fear it may raise suspicion.
2) Do I need to request a Police Certificate from this country where I holidayed? It was not 6 months but close.
3) How do IRCC calculate the duration of residency?

3. As I mentioned, I just got a new job from an MNE, but was not able to be there as the company was under lockdown. So there's a less than a month gap: I started working early Apr but quit my previous one mid Mar, and handled my docs and familiarised the new employee with her work from mid Mar till now. However, the profile only showed that I worked from 2017-Mar 2022, and Apr 2022 onwards; so there's a month gap. Will this be a problem?

Thank you so much and good luck on ur applications everyone!