+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Work Experience, does working in my father's company count

roxbie

Mar 6, 2016
Hi everyone. Newbie here. I am considering applying to the EE pool. I have 8 years of experience as a manager for my father's factory. I am not part owner, just an employee and I also receive a salary every month. My question is will they consider it as work experience to qualify for EE? Thank you everyone.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
roxbie said:
Hi everyone. Newbie here. I am considering applying to the EE pool. I have 8 years of experience as a manager for my father's factory. I am not part owner, just an employee and I also receive a salary every month. My question is will they consider it as work experience to qualify for EE? Thank you everyone.
Yes, your experience will be eligible for Express Entry. You will have to produce all documents to support your employment (reference letter, offer letter/appointment letter, pay stubs, etc). You can check your eligibility here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
roxbie said:
Yes- as long as it falls under the NOC that you are applying for, it will count. So, for instance, if you are applying to Canada as a Factory Manager, and your work in your father's company was also in that capacity, you can use this work experience to count towards the total requirement for Express Entry.
You will need all the required documents- signed letter of reference on company letterhead, pay stubs, etc.- but it can and will count.

If this does not meet your primary NOC, you can still include it in your employment or personal history, but you cannot use it to accrue CRS points, not without changing your NOC to match your work at your dad's company.

Reactions: thementor

roxbie

Mar 6, 2016
Thanks you so much for your reply. I was actually considering to take up masters or diploma in canada as another way of going.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
As long as all evidence are there - no matter who owns the company.

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Yes- as long as it falls under the NOC that you are applying for, it will count. So, for instance, if you are applying to Canada as a Factory Manager, and your work in your father's company was also in that capacity, you can use this work experience to count towards the total requirement for Express Entry.
You will need all the required documents- signed letter of reference on company letterhead, pay stubs, etc.- but it can and will count.

If this does not meet your primary NOC, you can still include it in your employment or personal history, but you cannot use it to accrue CRS points, not without changing your NOC to match your work at your dad's company.
My parents own a factory that produces raw materials for construction. As you probably can guess, there were lots of manual labors involved and people are mostly paid in cash and checks were seldom issued to suppliers. Hence, hence there were no bank statements. Is bank statement necessary or what other documents I can provide as its substitute?