+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE & Spouse sponsorship & Bridging Work Permit

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
I submitted Express Entry application with all the documents back in April 2018, but I haven't heard back from CIC yet.. Meanwhile, I got married to a Canadian in October 2018, and recently sent in a webform to claim to change my marital status with the marriage certificate attached. The problem is my post-graduate work permit expires in 4 months (June 27, 2019). I was debating whether I should keep waiting for EE results or apply for spouse sponsorship due to the visa expiry date... I know when you do spouse sponsorship, you can also apply for open work permit, but then it also takes 4-5 months to process according to cic website.
The worst case scenario would be going back to my country and be away from my husband until I get open work permit or PR, right? (just FYI, I'm currently a full-time employee) Does anyone have any advice? Please someone help me out :S

Thanks...

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
@ContactFront
I tried to set up a profile for online application but I have no idea which category I fall under

Which situation best describes your work situation? (required)
working under international agreement
i'm eligible for a work permit through a pilot project
etc etc

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Yes you can apply online. It's essentially an application for an open work permit.
When you fill out the online questionnaire, answer yes to the questions that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada. You shouldn't see the question you mentioned above

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
Where can I find the application for BOWP? I searched through the website, but I couldn't find anything..