+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Spouse English test required?

MACH1

Jan 23, 2015
Hello forum,
Please can someone answer a question I have about the EE process, I submitted my profile yesterday and have a point score of 789. My wife and children are included on the profile as dependents only and I am the principle applicant.
My question is will my wife need to take the English test if I am the principle applicant, I have not listed her occupation / work experience or education on the profile.
Thanks,
Paul.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
MACH1 said:
Hello forum,
Please can someone answer a question I have about the EE process, I submitted my profile yesterday and have a point score of 789. My wife and children are included on the profile as dependents only and I am the principle applicant.
My question is will my wife need to take the English test if I am the principle applicant, I have not listed her occupation / work experience or education on the profile.
Thanks,
Paul.
How have you reached a score of 789? If you had LMIA/PNP then your base score is only 189?

Your spouse doesn't need to take a language test, you just won't receive points for it but that's only a maximum of 20.

You should enter her work experience, occupation etc. You want to make sure you're fully truthful when filling out your profile.

MACH1

Jan 23, 2015
Thanks for the reply
I have been working and living in Canada for the last 2 years under a TFWP and have a positive LMO / CAQ certificate and excellent marks for the English test.
Your reply insinuation about not telling the truth to immigration made me laugh, this is no game!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
MACH1 said:
My question is will my wife need to take the English test if I am the principle applicant
It is not required, but you would gain points from it.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
MACH1 said:
Your reply insinuation about not telling the truth to immigration made me laugh, this is no game!
I have not listed her occupation / work experience or education on the profile.
So does your spouse have any work experience/education? If not you need to enter it, otherwise that's not being truthful...