+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Spouse Employment Record

xaviera

Aug 14, 2015
I got ITA today. My checklist shows that my spouse's employment record is required.

But we didn't get any CRS because of his employment record and it is hard to get reference letter or other document from his employer.

Could someone help us what we can upload on his employment record row?

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bumping this thread. I'm in the same boat. Does CIC requires all employment records of spouse even if no points has been claimed?
Can spouse Incomplete records of employment leads to refusal???

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Related to this post. Can we claim points for spouse's employment? What all documents are needed?
Can any body please guide.
TIA.

Quebec_EE_FSW

Sep 9, 2015
Points are granted for Spouse's work experience if they have a legal work experience of atleast 1 year in CANADA. No points are awarded for Spouse's foreign work experience.

Cheers

Kasa1989

Sep 9, 2015
Got a clarification of this from Asivad in another post.

You can skip your spouse's work history if it is not fetching you any points. You MUST include it in the personal history though.

Also where is the checklist? I was in on 15th draw and I have not seen any check-list

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kasa1989 said:
Got a clarification of this from Asivad in another post.

You can skip your spouse's work history if it is not fetching you any points. You MUST include it in the personal history though.

Also where is the checklist? I was in on 15th draw and I have not seen any check-list
There are other threads that clarifies that we can skip spouse work history that will bear no points in our application but in my case can I safely omit the Canadian work history of my spouse and just enter his foreign work experience????? I'm confused because one member mentioned:
"If ur mentioning work experience for spouse whether its Canadian or abroad , whether ur getting points for that or not , u have to upload reference letter for that particular work experience with paystubs ,if available . It must be on companies letterhead ( for spouse too ) with job duties and other bla bla bla ."
Does CIC requires his WP or status in Canada since I will not declare any of his Canadian work experience?

neha555

Jul 6, 2022
I got ITA today. My checklist shows that my spouse's employment record is required.

But we didn't get any CRS because of his employment record and it is hard to get reference letter or other document from his employer.

Could someone help us what we can upload on his employment record row?
Hi Sir,

I have my work experience in India for 2 years but the company did not provide us the offer of employment copy as are hired after the internship with them. Now when I mailed them they say according to the revised company policy they cannot provide roles and responsibility documents. I now have my reliving/experience letter and payslips as proof.
Please suggest what I can do with this scenario. Do any other documents support this info for the Employee record documents with them? I worked for 2 years which helped me in reaching the points that I have now.

I tried contacting ircc through phone and web form but haven't got any response.

Regards,
Neha

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Sir,

I have my work experience in India for 2 years but the company did not provide us the offer of employment copy as are hired after the internship with them. Now when I mailed them they say according to the revised company policy they cannot provide roles and responsibility documents. I now have my reliving/experience letter and payslips as proof.
Please suggest what I can do with this scenario. Do any other documents support this info for the Employee record documents with them? I worked for 2 years which helped me in reaching the points that I have now.

I tried contacting ircc through phone and web form but haven't got any response.

Regards,
Neha
Do you have contract letter? Maybe that can help.