+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile points not updating for new main NOC, and employment history question

lakesideguy

Feb 7, 2021
Hi all,
I am a FSW candidate. I just updated my profile to include another job with a better NOC (on all the PNP Needs lists).
I set this NOC as my main, even though it would LOWER my score considerably.
However, it still shows my higher score and does not update!
I still have the other job in the history, but the new, lower one is set as my main NOC

I worked this new job exactly a year, say from January 1 2019 to December 31 2019.
So I chose from: 01/2019 to: 12/2019 This now looks like I didn't complete the year, but I did.

Any advice how to deal with my issues? I'm worried about misrepresenting myself, but at the same time I'm now desperately fishing for a PNP invitation.

Reactions: Fahmi

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I am a FSW candidate. I just updated my profile to include another job with a better NOC (on all the PNP Needs lists).
I set this NOC as my main, even though it would LOWER my score considerably.
However, it still shows my higher score and does not update!
I still have the other job in the history, but the new, lower one is set as my main NOC

I worked this new job exactly a year, say from January 1 2019 to December 31 2019.
So I chose from: 01/2019 to: 12/2019 This now looks like I didn't complete the year, but I did.

Any advice how to deal with my issues? I'm worried about misrepresenting myself, but at the same time I'm now desperately fishing for a PNP invitation.
January 1 2019 to December 31 2019 is not one year. It is 364 days. What is your “better” NOC and CRS score.

lakesideguy

Feb 7, 2021
@Naturgrl
Of course it is. The year has 365 days and I was employed for all of them. That is, including the first and the 31st.

The better one is 2174 with what should be 444 points. The less desirable one gives me 469

lakesideguy

Feb 7, 2021
So change the date to January 1 2020. You need one year, not days.
Sorry I edited on you, didn't see the second part.
EE doesn't let you give days, just months and years. So setting it to 01/2020 would, for me, mean I also worked that January. I think I just don't understand how they interpret the months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I edited on you, didn't see the second part.
EE doesn't let you give days, just months and years. So setting it to 01/2020 would, for me, mean I also worked that January. I think I just don't understand how they interpret the months.
Your current profile is at 11 months and 31 days, not a year. So you have 11 months, not one year of experience according to your EE profile. Your employment letter will have to show one year not months and days of experience.