+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile-Include all my Canadian work histories or only work for which I can claim points and what about education history

Gina123

Jun 22, 2020
I have two work experiences as a cook during the last two years in Canada which cannot claim for points, and now I have been working under NOC1221 (Type B) for one year. I believe it's difficult for me to get a reference letter from my previous employees although I may have some T4 slips. Should I include my cook experience in my EE profile or put it into my personal history after receiving ITA? Will I be asked to provide proof of previous employment when applying the PR?

My accompanied spouse has two Canadian work experiences but totally less than one year, which means she did not earn points from her work experiences. Does she need the reference letter from her employee?

We both have an international Bachelor's degree and a Canadian Master's degree. Shall we only claim the Master's degree in EE profile and add the Bachelor's degree later in personal history? Does it work?

I appreciate it if anyone can help to answer my confusion.

Gina123

Jun 22, 2020
Hi @dan_and,

Thank you for your quick response. I find many people agree with your idea. But I also notice that @Viz1904 got a reply regarding the same situation from IRCC's Facebook. And they replied as below. It makes me confused.

"You should leave each work experience in your work experience section even if you are not claiming points for it. For each period of work experience you include, you’ll need either a reference or experience letter from your employer, or evidence of business ownership in cases in which you were self-employed. This means that you should have a letter for all jobs included on your application. If you can't get a letter for one of the jobs that is not connected to your primary NOC, you can upload a letter of explanation saying why you couldn't get it. The officer processing your case will contact you if they need more information. Thanks."

Link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-ita-moving-jobs-from-work-history-to-personal-history.691409/

Gina123

Jun 22, 2020
I don't know what exactly the question was that this person asked and who exactly gave him this response.

What I can tell you is that not including irrelevant work experience in the work history section has been recommended and implemented by forum members for years and I do not recall anyone ever reporting being rejected for this practice (but I don't read every post about rejections, of course).

That isn't a guarantee of course. So you will have to make a call yourself on this and do what you feel is best in your situation.
I will do what you suggest. Thanks!
And what about my spouse's work experience? Can she say 'no' work experience in EE profile and put it in personal history only?

Gina123

Jun 22, 2020
The same reasoning applies for your spouse.

If you want to do what is recommended by the Facebook response, you should disclose all work experience but then you will have to get reference documents for all of these, even though you do not even get any points for your spouse’s foreign work experience.

Alternatively you can do what has been recommended in the forum for years, which is to include the spouse’s foreign work experience in the personal history section only.

Just make sure you are being consistent in your approach for PA and spouse.
Thanks for your information!