+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE newbie needs some suggestions

Fischer25

Apr 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

First, thank you for taking your time to read my thread and help me out.

My situation - Age 25, Master degree from US, one year and half working experience in U.S., currently under H1B visa

IELTS first take score: L 8.5 R 8 W 6 S 7

I want to get the PR in Canada, what do you suggest me to do?
Should I retake the IELTS to get 8777, but even then, the CRS score is not good enough for the draw.

Do you think I should get another MS degree in Canada and find a job in CA?
Or should I just wait until I get PR and then go get a degree in Canada?

Or is there any other way to get PR?
I appreciate your responses.

Cheers

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you max out your IELTS (CLB 10), and get two years of work ex. (so in six months), you'll get 456 points. That's a very strong score and should be enough to get an ITA.

So just keep working for another few months and simultaneously work on improving your language scores. Maybe you can take a class or something?

Fischer25

Apr 23, 2019
If you max out your IELTS (CLB 10), and get two years of work ex. (so in six months), you'll get 456 points. That's a very strong score and should be enough to get an ITA.

So just keep working for another few months and simultaneously work on improving your language scores. Maybe you can take a class or something?
Thank you so much for your response. I found out the biggest challenge is the writing part of the exam.
I'm retaking the exam next month. Hopefully, I can keep the same score while I can get at least 7 on writing.. I missed my chance last time, since the topic was really easy, while next time may not be that lucky.