+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE invite and US PCC timing super confused

foreversky

May 26, 2010
Hi Friends,

I was in the US for more than 6 months, so I must get PCC from there.

As per new express entry, I need to upload documents when I get invite but US FBI takes 16 weeks to provide it.

So if I get invite in the first round in January End, how would I be able to submit US PCC?

Will there be any option to upload it later on? Super confused :-\

Sky

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
foreversky said:
Hi Friends,

I was in the US for more than 6 months, so I must get PCC from there.

As per new express entry, I need to upload documents when I get invite but US FBI takes 16 weeks to provide it.

So if I get invite in the first round in January End, how would I be able to submit US PCC?

Will there be any option to upload it later on? Super confused :-\

Sky
You can apply for the FBI PCC right now and then submit your express entry profile only when you think FBI PCC is about a month away from being completed. That is, if you think you have good enough points to get invitation soon.

foreversky

May 26, 2010
I already have done with EE profile.

Also if I dont get invite by February, I'll need to do IELTS again.

Is there any possibility that PCC can be sent after applying on received?

Please advice.

mdRaees

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:

Please advice.
At present for FSW applicant they allowed time to submit PCC after receiving application. I think they will allow it at present as well. Better you apply now for PCC. After invitation you will have only 2 months time to submit application. I think you should also book IELTS date as when you will need it you will not get the dates. You can cancel IELTS 5 weeks before exam date if you will not require to appear.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
foreversky said:

Under the old rules, you could send PCCs later, but it appears that that is no longer the case:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

2. Police certificates

To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include their police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence.

If any of the documents are missing, you may have to decline the Invitation to Apply and re-enter the pool. In some cases, this could even cause us to refuse your application.

This is difficult to manage, as you are aware, so it remains to be seen if this language will be revised. Best advice is to apply for the PCC NOW, and hope that it is processed in time... as well as scheduling a new language exam (unfortunately)...

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
foreversky said:

Please advice.
How many points do you have? Without your IELTS expiring, you will need to appear for another IELTS if you didn't get an invitation in January draw. Even if you did get an invitation in January, it is not clear if your IELTS will work since it has to be valid the date your PR application is received by CIC (according to current rules at least). As for the PCC, all you can do is apply ASAP and hope it gets done before you need it since there really is nothing you can do to expedite FBI PCC.

behann

Jan 22, 2015
Hi everyone,
My husband and I need to get a PCC -Mexico which takes 60 to 90 business days. We just submitted the EE profile so we should apply for the PCC ASAP (in case we get the ITA in the first draw).

This is how to obtain the PCC for a person living outside Mexico:

You must send to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City, for each person for whom a police certificate is required:

1) Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:
2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns–no exceptions)
3) One legible copy of your passport’s bio-page (the page where your picture and full name appear).
4) Quote your file number, your name, date of birth, and the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is.

Do not send any other documents or provide any payments.

Send the above to:

Canadian Embassy, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F

The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request the Informe de datos registrales for you and will forward the results directly to the visa office where your application is in process. This will take approximately 60 to 90 business days.

Here my questions:
1. Is the EE profile number the file number?
2. What is the name of the visa office where my file is?

Thanks!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Now, as before, there are some countries from which you cannot get PCCs without CIC participation - like Mexico. I don't know if the file number will come with an ITA or if you have to wait for your program application AOR. If CIC's own instructions for PCCs tell you that you cannot obtain it until after you apply, I suggest that a letter of explanation be included in your application in lieu of the PCC.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
There are FBI approved channelers that can get your results back in a few days. The form is the same as the one the FBI uses, but the paper is different.

If you are scanning and uploading it, however, they don't get to look at the paper. It may be possible to do it much faster, but I haven't tested this yet.