+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - Employer Reference letter for experience over 3 years

Canada_Joy

Jan 25, 2018
Hi All,

A big thank you to this forum and its members, the active participation has helped me a lot with my queries regarding my express entry process.

I was trying to find the answer to one of my queries, i will appreciate if someone can help resolve it.

Question:
Do I need to provide Employer Reference Letter for over 3 years of experience outside of Canada?
As per my understanding the maximum points for CRS is received for 3 or more years of job experience outside of Canada.
My employment history goes like this:
  • Employer A - 5 years
  • Employer B - 5 years.
Do I need to provide Employer Reference Letter from Employer B?
Or will the Employer Reference Letter from Employer A be sufficient?

Many Thanks!

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,

A big thank you to this forum and its members, the active participation has helped me a lot with my queries regarding my express entry process.

I was trying to find the answer to one of my queries, i will appreciate if someone can help resolve it.

Question:
Do I need to provide Employer Reference Letter for over 3 years of experience outside of Canada?
As per my understanding the maximum points for CRS is received for 3 or more years of job experience outside of Canada.
My employment history goes like this:
  • Employer A - 5 years
  • Employer B - 5 years.
Do I need to provide Employer Reference Letter from Employer B?
Or will the Employer Reference Letter from Employer A be sufficient?

Many Thanks!
If you include both work experiences under your 'Work Experience' section, you need to provide employer reference letters. If you don't want to have to provide the letters, you can remove the experience from the 'Work Experience' section, and move it to your 'Personal History' section when you're completing your eAPR (electronic application for permanent residency - the questionnaire and documents you provide after receiving an ITA).
However, keep in mind that work experience doesn't only contribute to your CRS Score. If you're applying under the FSW stream, work experience is also relevant to your overall FSW eligibility, and that doesn't max out at 3 years - bottom line: make sure that only claiming 5 years of experience doesn't pull your FSW eligibility score below the minimum required 67 points (out of 100).

Canada_Joy

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks crescent_jam for the quick response.
Pardon my ignorance, can you please tell me where I can find my FSW score?