+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE CEC - Change job to Skill level C after ITA

koyagimai

Jun 3, 2014
Hello there,

I've got ITA on August 21st, my score was 471. I have more than 1 year of Canadian work experience with NOC skill B job, but I may potentially change the job very soon, which is NOC skill level C. I've talked with several people and they said it should not affect the eligibility (one of the reasons being that I'm not applying with Job Offer or PNP) and the lawyer said he would not worry too much, but I just wonder if my profile look inconsistent.

CIC call centre said they cannot answer the question and I was given CIC website URL. CIC's statement is that CEC is based on the past experience. Am I concerning too much?

Any advice appreciated.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi koyagimai,

yes you are too much concerned,CEC is based on past work experience it you are eligible at the time of application submission then it does not matter what you will do later no matter how long it will take to process your application or the kind of job you will perform,it could be skilled or unskilled or you could even be unemployed or student its not going to affect your application in anyway,CEC is a pass or fail model of immigration based on criteria at the time of application and not reflected with the future.just to add this in case you are not aware,the only thing that will affect your application during the prcessing time is if you moved to the province of quebec.

good luck