+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Gap

Zainhasan

May 28, 2020
I have 7years of educational Gap and I want to start my MBA from Canada.
Can't I just say "to gain point for pr"?
Mostly consultant here says you have to show that you want to come back after study to your homeland.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Saying gain points for PR may well result in a study permit being refused.

You need to focus on why studying a masters in Canada will improve your prospects on returning to your home country. The masters needs to be relevant to your existing qualifications and work experience.

The reality is people study in Canada, then apply for a PGWP to get Canadian work experience and then apply for PR, however to state this as prime objective upfront as opposed to a plan for returning to home country generally results in a study permit being rejected.

So in this case consultants are correct

Zainhasan

May 28, 2020
Thanks
Actually yes my masters is link with my current job and I have 7years of work experience.
But I thought saying true would helped

Anand Giddani

May 29, 2020
My situation also the same. I have more than a decade gap in my education. And I am trying to apply study visa. But some are saying you must prove that you should return to your home country after your education. What are the reasons I can tell? And the immigration officer also knows that once we completed our degree we apply for PGWP and universities also supporting this then why they asking this question for returning home country after the study. I don't understand.
Can anyone share their experience or reasons on how to convince the immigration officer on this part?