Education Question

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I've graduated from Canada .. My program was a combined program between a university and a college (So I did classes in both places - and it took me 4 years to finish it)

When I graduated .. I got a Bachelor degree from the University .. and a Diploma from the College.

When it comes to choosing your level of education .. which do I pick?

- two separate entries .. one for university (Bachelor) and one for college (2 year program)

or

- 2 or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of 3 years or more

So which do I choose?

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Tough situation. May I know the breakdown in terms of years for both institutions? Like 2 years in each?

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In total it was 4 years, I would do classes at the university for most the week, then one-two days f the week I would go to the college. I was done with the college courses in the third year, the fourth year was only university courses.

The college diploma is technically 2 years if you do it alone.

So I technically done 5 years worth of school in 4, if you count 3 for the bachelor and 2 for the college diploma.

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
I see, well I am not an expert for this matter but I think you have to consider it as one program (it just happened that you've accomplished it in 2 different organizations).

So for below options:

1. Two-year post-secondary program credential
2. Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer
3. Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer

In my opinion, I think you should choose "2". I don't think you should create two entries (1 & 2). I believe option 3 talks about two different programs.

But to be sure, I would advise you to better check with CIC.

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are technically different (in names at least) .. I got a bachelor of information technology .. The diploma was in interactive Multimedia and design.

JohnnyCanuck

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
ashrafgk said:
They are technically different (in names at least) .. I got a bachelor of information technology .. The diploma was in interactive Multimedia and design.
hey

Ask the school - they maybe can ask CIC for you.

Jan 7, 2015
Good Morning everyone... I would like to know if I should include all my work experiences even if it is not related to my degree... I have two years work experience as Call Center Representative and three years work experience as Medical Technologist which is related to my course.. Should I include it all in the work experience? Thank you very much... Kindly please do help me with this..

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
strawberries008 said:
Good Morning everyone... I would like to know if I should include all my work experiences even if it is not related to my degree... I have two years work experience as Call Center Representative and three years work experience as Medical Technologist which is related to my course.. Should I include it all in the work experience? Thank you very much... Kindly please do help me with this..
I think you should do. Just put the appropriate NOC code. I've done that as well.