+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education History Express Entry - Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

ayoridimah

Nov 22, 2021
Hi everyone

I have questions regarding education for the Express Entry application:

(apologies in advance as my case is complicated)

Background:

A) I have studied and received my bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from Bangalore India (4 years engineering program).

B) I also have studied and received an MEng (Masters in Engineering) degree from Queen's University in Ontario, Canada (1 year Masters program in Engineering). I started this degree in Jan 2014, I was supposed to finish by the end of April 2015, but due to some personal reasons, I had to withdraw and go back to my country. I re-applied again to Queen's in 2019 and was permitted to continue my program, and I did. I started in September 2019 after a semester (4 months), I received my degree (Dec 2019). So my starting date for this degree is Jan 2014, but the date I received the degree is Dec 2019. And this program duration is for one year, but it took me one year and a half to finish it.

Questions:

1. Do I need to attach any letter of explanation for my MEng degree's starting and finishing dates?
2. In the study section where it asks "complete/full academic year," is it the duration of the program (1 year), or is it the time it took me to finish the program (1 year and a half)?
4. In this case having a university degree from Canada will add points or because it be a one-year degree would not have any effects on my points?
3. Because the degree I received in Canada is a one-year program do I need to mention my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for my bachelor's degree in the study field to receive more points?

Thank you all in advance for helping me.
Best,
Roya.