+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education credentials contains mother's name

sadikpunjwani

Dec 18, 2021
Dear Team,

I have been recently checking on the WES procedure, and confused for a very important point, as explain below

1) All my education certificates contains name in the following format- "Family Name" + "My First Name" + "Dad's name" + "Mom's name"; for the "Mom's name" getting appended at last, I am not certain if this is related only to my university, University of Mumbai or it is common for many Universities in India.
2) Mother's name which is appended at the end on all the the certificates seems quite unusual, is this normal? and will it create any hindrance?

My questions are:
a) how should I open a WES account, shall I use Passport details or directly the exact naming (per education certificates) as explained above in the pt. 1.
b) Also, for the University details (BSc and MSc) shall I enter as passport or the exact naming (per education certificates) as explained above in the pt. 1.

In any of the above scenarios, if I use the entire name as mentioned in pt. 1, it will be a bit wrong, as we generally don't append mother's name anywhere. Please assist, its a humble request to the senior team members here.

Best Regards,
Sadik.

yash_0092

Jan 4, 2022
Hey Sadik,
Dear Team,

I have been recently checking on the WES procedure, and confused for a very important point, as explain below

1) All my education certificates contains name in the following format- "Family Name" + "My First Name" + "Dad's name" + "Mom's name"; for the "Mom's name" getting appended at last, I am not certain if this is related only to my university, University of Mumbai or it is common for many Universities in India.
2) Mother's name which is appended at the end on all the the certificates seems quite unusual, is this normal? and will it create any hindrance?

My questions are:
a) how should I open a WES account, shall I use Passport details or directly the exact naming (per education certificates) as explained above in the pt. 1.
b) Also, for the University details (BSc and MSc) shall I enter as passport or the exact naming (per education certificates) as explained above in the pt. 1.

In any of the above scenarios, if I use the entire name as mentioned in pt. 1, it will be a bit wrong, as we generally don't append mother's name anywhere. Please assist, its a humble request to the senior team members here.

Best Regards,
Sadik.
Hey Sadik,
I am also stuck in the same situation. Can you please tell me what you did in this scenario?

Thanks