+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ecopr office same as the secondary office or portal office?

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
Hi guys,I am wandering if it is the secondary office that issue the ecopr? Or it is the same as the office which sent the portal to you? Anyone has some ideas? Thanks very much!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi guys,I am wandering if it is the secondary office that issue the ecopr? Or it is the same as the office which sent the portal to you? Anyone has some ideas? Thanks very much!
Hello!

The secondary office is the one that issues the eCoPR. The primary office is the one that sends the portal to you.

The secondary office is responsible for processing your application and making a decision on your eligibility for permanent residence. The primary office is responsible for creating your online account and sending you the portal invitation.

Once your application has been processed and approved, the secondary office will issue your eCoPR. You will then be able to use your eCoPR to travel to Canada and become a permanent resident.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: flyfirefreedom

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
Hello!

The secondary office is the one that issues the eCoPR. The primary office is the one that sends the portal to you.

The secondary office is responsible for processing your application and making a decision on your eligibility for permanent residence. The primary office is responsible for creating your online account and sending you the portal invitation.

Once your application has been processed and approved, the secondary office will issue your eCoPR. You will then be able to use your eCoPR to travel to Canada and become a permanent resident.

Thank you a lot…

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
Hello!

My case is that my dependent has got ppr letter and is now in the process of stamping the visa outside Canada, the dependent will come join me soon…and I called IRCC and I found the secondary office changed to outsea office…however,I have not get Ecopr yet..so when can I get Ecopr since if it is the secondary office issue the ecopr? After the stamping process finishes and switch to the inland office ? Or they can do this parallelly ? Bc I am the PA if I don’t have the Ecopr my dependent cannot do the landing…Do you have any idea on this?And thank u again for replying me!!