+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS changed to In Process

drpilot

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Hi there,

So I noticed that my ECAS changed to In Process today from Application received.
My CIC however is yet to be updated as my background and eligibility review still shows not started.
Is this a good or bad sign? I am kind of worried as most of others have at least gotten a 2nd AOR or had passed BG chk.
I submitted my appli in May. Also, I am applying from the US if that info will be helpful.
Also, if this is a good sign how much more do I have to wait? And is there still any chance of being rejected at this stage?

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a good sign and probably indicates that your application has been deemed eligible. For applicants from outside Canada, BG check stays as 'Not Started' throughout the process. There is an active 'In Process' thread which you should follow along with the 'Outsiders' thread.

All the best!

drpilot

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Thank you Asivad and so so sorry to learn that your application was rejected today.
Not sure what it is but have you loked into opening a CSE?
Thank you for your response.

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
hey asivad, sorry to hear that your file got rejected. just indicated one cannot take enough care while preparing the file. any idea why your file got rejected?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Insufficient supporting evidence towards POF. I've put in a detailed note on some threads including the Rejection thread.

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
any idea what additional documents would have sufficed? i thought a letter from donor and bank statement was enough along with LOE...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipulgoyal88 said:
any idea what additional documents would have sufficed? i thought a letter from donor and bank statement was enough along with LOE...
That would definitely suffice and the officer doesn't challenge the gift. I suspect that the LOE went missing somehow or probably wasn't good enough.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi there,
I would like to share my timeline here:
App submitted: July 13, 2015
1st AOR: July 14, 2015
Medical Passed: July 29, 2015
Additional Doc. request: Aug.5, 2015
Additional Doc. provided: Aug.5, 2015

ECAS changed to "In Process" on August 13 (not sure the exact date, it my first time to log on the ECAS on Aug.13 and found it is "In process" with 4 lines)
Background check changed to "In progress": Aug. 14, 2015

I waited one month for my background check changed to "In Progress", which is after the ECAS changed to "In Process".

Who can tell me is this a good sign or bad sign?

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
How soon ECAS gets activate ?
I submitted my application 10th August +receive AOR.
After that
Medicals and Application is review in progress.
But on ECAS there is not updation about my file. Still showing as invalid details.

Thanks
Silvi

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Silvi6 said:
How soon ECAS gets activate ?
I submitted my application 10th August +receive AOR.
After that
Medicals and Application is review in progress.
But on ECAS there is not updation about my file. Still showing as invalid details.

Thanks
Silvi
There is no specific timeline for ECAS to get activated. Usually it happens after your medicals get passed.