+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA (WES/IQAS) for Distance MBA ?

JaySingh80

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Experts,

Please support with below query (as not getting a clear view via google searches).

Context : I already got positive ECA done by WES for my Diploma + B.Tech in past
Targeting : Distance MBA (2 years) from IGNOU
Concern : WES online equivalency tool reflects it equal to 4 years Bachelor's (NOT Master)
Question : Wondering if worth to start IGNOU MBA or not and any way-around it i.e. how to get Master equivalency from WES/IQAS etc.?

Thanks.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
I am not sure it gets Master as I've known someone ,I read somewhere that after 2018 they'll not give a master for MBA program, whereas program was considered all subjects and total duration

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hi Experts,

Please support with below query (as not getting a clear view via google searches).

Context : I already got positive ECA done by WES for my Diploma + B.Tech in past
Targeting : Distance MBA (2 years) from IGNOU
Concern : WES online equivalency tool reflects it equal to 4 years Bachelor's (NOT Master)
Question : Wondering if worth to start IGNOU MBA or not and any way-around it i.e. how to get Master equivalency from WES/IQAS etc.?

Thanks.
WES assessed my part time MBA from Osmania University as Four year Bachelor. But I got it assessed again from CES and they have given Masters, but took a long time.
All the best
Thanks Islander ! Believe you mean IQAS !

JaySingh80

Dec 6, 2018
WES assessed my part time MBA from Osmania University as Four year Bachelor. But I got it assessed again from CES and they have given Masters, but took a long time.
All the best
Thanks Nandy! Approx. how many weeks/month CES took (better then IQAS, any idea) !

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thanks Nandy! Approx. how many weeks/month CES took (better then IQAS, any idea) !
It is actually 12-14 weeks after they receive the transcripts. My transcripts were received by them in December 2019 and I was supposed to receive my ECA somewhere in first week of April but because of COVID everything was disturbed. I finally got my ECA in August 2020.

Reactions: JaySingh80

JaySingh80

Dec 6, 2018
It is actually 12-14 weeks after they receive the transcripts. My transcripts were received by them in December 2019 and I was supposed to receive my ECA somewhere in first week of April but because of COVID everything was disturbed. I finally got my ECA in August 2020.
Okay.