+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Requirements for High School Education Points

Mari123

Sep 27, 2023
Hi. My husband and I are currently in the process of applying for Express Entry, with me as the principal applicant. My husband completed 4 years of an undergraduate program but did not graduate. His ECA for these studies states:
-CANADIAN EQUICALENCY: Four years of undergraduate study.
-REMARKS: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.
We're wondering if this ECA for his incomplete university studies would be sufficient to claim points for high school education, or if he needs to obtain a separate ECA specifically for his high school diploma.
Any insights or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. My husband and I are currently in the process of applying for Express Entry, with me as the principal applicant. My husband completed 4 years of an undergraduate program but did not graduate. His ECA for these studies clearly states that, and that it is not equivalent to a Canadian degree. We're wondering if this ECA for his incomplete university studies would be sufficient to claim points for high school education, or if he needs to obtain a separate ECA specifically for his high school diploma.
Any insights or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!
He needs an ECA for high school diploma.