+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - HND: Awarding body Country different than the institute

fhussain34

Nov 13, 2019
Hello,

I am a little confused. Would really appreciate some help.
I have done HND, the awarding body is in UK but the institute I studied at is in Asia. On the certificate it says "has completed an approved programme at 'institute'" though it has the edexcel seal (the UK awarding body)
So do I select UK as country of education or the asian country the institute is in?
The problem is when I select the institute country, they dont give me an option to enter BTEC diplomas and also doesn't have the institute name in the list.

Jut

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello,

I am a little confused. Would really appreciate some help.
I have done HND, the awarding body is in UK but the institute I studied at is in Asia. On the certificate it says "has completed an approved programme at 'institute'" though it has the edexcel seal (the UK awarding body)
So do I select UK as country of education or the asian country the institute is in?
The problem is when I select the institute country, they dont give me an option to enter BTEC diplomas and also doesn't have the institute name in the list.

Jut
I was in similar situation when I was applying for ECA. The awarding uni is from England but I did my studies in Malaysia. Initially, I asked the university in Malaysia to send both the diploma and degree to WES. WES accepted the diploma as both the awarding and the sender were the same university, but the degree they didn't accept and ask the awarding University to send the documents directly to WES. I contacted the awarding University in England and they sent and WES accepted and evaluated .

fhussain34

Nov 13, 2019
I was in similar situation when I was applying for ECA. The awarding uni is from England but I did my studies in Malaysia. Initially, I asked the university in Malaysia to send both the diploma and degree to WES. WES accepted the diploma as both the awarding and the sender were the same university, but the degree they didn't accept and ask the awarding University to send the documents directly to WES. I contacted the awarding University in England and they sent and WES accepted and evaluated .
Thank you so much for your reply. So what do you suggest I do? Should I select UK as country of education (awarding body) or my country, the institute where I studied? - The transcripts will be sent by the awarding body.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Thank you so much for your reply. So what do you suggest I do? Should I select UK as country of education (awarding body) or my country, the institute where I studied? - The transcripts will be sent by the awarding body.
I initially used immigration agent and he supported with ECA so cannot remember which option he chose. I think it has to be the awarding university's country.

Let's see what others say.

fhussain34

Nov 13, 2019
I initially used immigration agent and he supported with ECA so cannot remember which option he chose. I think it has to be the awarding university's country.

Let's see what others say.
oh, still thank you for the help :)

I hope others reply!

Reactions: nns14
Feb 6, 2021

thanks for the info