+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from IQAS with Graduate Diploma - Clarification on Points

Moonraza

Jun 19, 2022
Hello,

I have done 4 year Bachelors (B.E. IT) and 2 Year PGDM from a reputed Institute. I only submitted my PGDM to IQAS as they asked the highest degree only.

Below is what I got for IQAS as my Equivalency.

"The Post Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a Graduate Diploma with a focus in Management"

Can I claim point for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". ?

The report does not say anything about my bachelors.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have done 4 year Bachelors (B.E. IT) and 2 Year PGDM from a reputed Institute. I only submitted my PGDM to IQAS as they asked the highest degree only.

Below is what I got for IQAS as my Equivalency.

"The Post Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a Graduate Diploma with a focus in Management"

Can I claim point for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". ?

The report does not say anything about my bachelors.
You said you didn’t include your bachelors so it wasn’t assessed. So until your bachelor degree is assessed you cannot claim for “two or more.”

Moonraza

Jun 19, 2022
If this is the case, not sure why IQAS asks only for the highest degree. Also the pre-requisite for Graduate Diploma is Bachelors as per IQAS education guide.
Does it not imply that Bachelors is already done?

Post-graduate Certificate or Diploma from university-level institutions or institutions with appropriate program accreditation (such as AICTE)3 or 4-year Bachelor’s degree0.5 to 2 yearsGenerally compares to the completion of a Graduate, Certificate or Diploma. (Shorter programs are generally compared to certificates while longer programs can be compared to diplomas.)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If this is the case, not sure why IQAS asks only for the highest degree. Also the pre-requisite for Graduate Diploma is Bachelors as per IQAS education guide.
Does it not imply that Bachelors is already done?

Post-graduate Certificate or Diploma from university-level institutions or institutions with appropriate program accreditation (such as AICTE)3 or 4-year Bachelor’s degree0.5 to 2 yearsGenerally compares to the completion of a Graduate, Certificate or Diploma. (Shorter programs are generally compared to certificates while longer programs can be compared to diplomas.)
You may need a degree to get into the program, but you don’t have ECA that shows your bachelor is equivalent to 4 year Canadian degree.

Moonraza

Jun 19, 2022
Unfortunately, After this I did my ECA from WES for both the Degree and Diploma. WES gave me Bachelor's degree (four years) & Postgraduate diploma from a non-recognized institution. With this also I cannot claim "Two or More".

I cannot individually quote both as well due to conflicting reports. What is the option that I have?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Unfortunately, After this I did my ECA from WES for both the Degree and Diploma. WES gave me Bachelor's degree (four years) & Postgraduate diploma from a non-recognized institution. With this also I cannot claim "Two or More".

I cannot individually quote both as well due to conflicting reports. What is the option that I have?
Get ECA for bachelors from IQAS.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
I am planning to enroll in a 6-month program at IGNOU, a central open (distance education) university in India. I already hold a Canadian 3-year educational credential. According to the IQAS educational guide, the requirements are as follows:
But it also says:
"Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma generally compares to the completion of a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate [Shorter programs (e.g. 1 year) are generally compared to certificates while longer programs (e.g. 2 years) can be compared to diplomas."

So my understanding is this:
1. 3-4 years (University Bachelor’s degree) + 0.5 - 1 year (University or institution with appropriate program accreditation, such as AICTE) Postgraduate Certificate = Graduate Certificate.
2. 3-4 years (University Bachelor’s degree) + 1 to 2 years (University or institution with appropriate program accreditation, such as AICTE) Postgraduate Diploma = Graduate Diploma.

Does this mean that if I complete a 0.5-year program, I would be able to get a Graduate Certificate equivalency and claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, one of which must be a program of 3 or more years"?

I have already contacted both WES and IQAS, but they only provide general replies stating that they can't offer specific advice and that I must follow the instructions on their websites.