+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for One year Masters + Fees - Question

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am new here and maybe asking simple question.

I did Executive-MBA (One year program) and it is a degree. Will it be considered as Masters as per Canadian Standard??
Unfortunately, I do not have access to Bachelors transcript (University is not easily handing over to me). Will it be fine to just send EMBA transcript.

How much does it cost me for whole process and how much time needed?

Please share your experience which will surely help a lot..

Thanks

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
Hi ,

You just need to send your highest degree transcripts for evaluation.

WES charges 200 CAD for it. There are courier and tax charges over this amount which makes it total 240 CAD if you choose standard delivery for hard copy.

WES process is very clear and crystal . You just need to keep checking your account for the status update. WES only send email at completion end. My documents reached there on 28th march and the report was emailed on 14th April with completed status. If no clarification is required it is done in within 15 days.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks for your help..:)

Just out of my Curiosity, They should consider my one year master degree as Masters (As mentioned in conversion table).?

Any views on this?

Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Aruntocanada said:
Hi All,

I did Executive-MBA (One year program) and it is a degree. Will it be considered as Masters as per Canadian Standard??
Unfortunately, I do not have access to Bachelors transcript (University is not easily handing over to me). Will it be fine to just send EMBA transcript.

Thanks
well in your case, i think you must get bachelors verified. only executive MBA may not give you Masters ( As it is not 2 yrs). Secondly if you bachelors verified and you get bachelors + diploma you can use it as 2 or more degrees.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Just to correct you info:

these are are considered as Master as per CIC "Theoretically"...I just wanted to be sure if anyone have proactical or real expereince.

Master's Degree
Master's Degree (Taught)
Master of [name of discipline]
Master's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Master’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Master’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year Master’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Master of Business Administration
One-year Master of Business Administration degree
One-year Master degree
Master degree

Source : CIC website.

Hope this will help ..:)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Aruntocanada said:
Hi All,

Thanks
You can use this tool to check the Canadian equivalency of your degree http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

I am not sure whether EMBA will be considered as Masters by WES, because there are a number of factors that WES considers (like for example, number of credits etc etc). In your case you will get points for Masters provided WES assesses it be equivalent to Canadian Masters. In case WES does not consider your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, instead if they treat it as a diploma, then you cannot claim points for Masters nor Bachelors as diploma does not fall under any of these category. So it would be advisable to send your Bachelors as well, so that even if your Masters is treated as a diploma and Bachelors is considered as Bachelors, you can claim points for 'Two or more degree, where one is at least three years'. This option will give you more points in the Express Entry points system. Check this link to know about Express Entry points system http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1.

With regard to the cost it will cost you CAD 322 (Evaluation Charges+ Harmonized Sales Tax + International Delivery). Please do not select Standard Delivery (though it is cheaper) as many have reported to not have received the physical copy of the report.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks Stanlee...

My university is not listed with WES. I am unable to get bachelors transcript.

Do not have much options.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Aruntocanada said:
Thanks Stanlee...

My university is not listed with WES. I am unable to get bachelors transcript.

Do not have much options.
Even if some institutions are not listed with WES, I have heard that they have assessed such credentials, you can still try sending it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
neeti_hasija said:
If In your transcripts , it is mentioned as Masters Degree then it will be evaluated as same.
No, not always. There have been cases where Masters was not considered as Masters.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
It has mentioned on my transcript as Degree...I am going to send that only..

Lets hope for the best and thanks for help.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Aruntocanada said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi Aruntocanada

Is your MBA AACSB accredited? This usually means comparable learning standards among business schools. I got my MBA assessed by IQAS and the result is the equivalent of a Canadian MBA. My school is AACSB accredited, but I do not know how big a role this plays.

Good luck!

Serge

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Mine is not accs accredited ... :(

Please suggest if my one year executive mba (distance learning) will not be considered as master then. Should I attach my bachelor's too????

Anyone got one year executive mba assessed. Please share views .

I need to send docs asap.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Aruntocanada said:
Mine is not accs accredited ... :(

Please suggest if my one year executive mba (distance learning) will not be considered as master then. Should I attach my bachelor's too????

Anyone got one year executive mba assessed. Please share views .

I need to send docs asap.
I would attach everything. You won't lose anything:)

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks for supporting..

I will add Bechelors+masters+ certificate (Business Management) with a note to explain them my situation.

I am afraid about my bechelors as I will not get Transcripts easily and anyways I am not in the same city.

I am planning to get my marksheets copy attested and send it to them.. Any idea in this case.