+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Express Entry

sinanmuneeb

Jan 26, 2022
Hi, I'm from Pakistan and want to get my ECA done from WES as a clinical psychologist?
Is WES enough for the same or I need to contact a separate body for the mentioned profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I'm from Pakistan and want to get my ECA done from WES as a clinical psychologist?
Is WES enough for the same or I need to contact a separate body for the mentioned profile?
You can have your degrees assessed by WES. You can't practice in Canada without a PhD but that doesn't factor in during the EE process. One or 2 provinces allow a Masters holder to be licensed. The licensing process is separate for the EE process.

sinanmuneeb

Jan 26, 2022
You can have your degrees assessed by WES. You can't practice in Canada without a PhD but that doesn't factor in during the EE process. One or 2 provinces allow a Masters holder to be licensed. The licensing process is separate for the EE process.
Thanks for the reply. I checked with WES, they don't have my university (Al- Khair University) on their approved list and therefore will not be able to offer ECA service. Can the same be done through CES or ICAS? Also, is it necessary to obtain license before getting nomination under EE or same can be obtained after the nomination to keep the EE process smooth and uninterrupted?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I checked with WES, they don't have my university (Al- Khair University) on their approved list and therefore will not be able to offer ECA service. Can the same be done through CES or ICAS? Also, is it necessary to obtain license before getting nomination under EE or same can be obtained after the nomination to keep the EE process smooth and uninterrupted?
You will have to use another organization other than WES. No you don’t need to be licensed for the EE process. When you come to Canada, you can’t work in the field until licensed. You will need a very high CRS score to receive ITA as there hasn’t been a draw in over a year. There is discussion that there will be few draws (or none at all) this year.