+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Evaluation: WES or IQAS for Bachelor's Degree and Diploma?

tracylow

Mar 13, 2022
Hi, I'm deciding on whether to submit my educational certs to WES or IQAS, I've read the main difference between the two organisations but had some questions.

I have a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Melbourne (no honours), where I did a two-year course instead of the original three-year course because I was given a one-year exemption for obtaining a three-year Diploma in Singapore before I started university.

I would like to get my Bachelor's Degree, Diploma, and a Certificate in Digital Film (this was an additional course that I did alongside my Diploma, though I'm not sure if it's useful to get this assessed since it's just a Certificate) assessed and was wondering if I should go with WES or IQAS to get the best possible outcome?

To be honest, I would opt for WES but am afraid that they would not evaluate my certs favourably as I've read in this subreddit that they do not give the Canadian equivalent for some overseas certs. I would ideally like my ECA results to reflect "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees (ECA shows your education is equivalent to two Canadian certificates, diplomas or degrees, and one is for a program of three years or more)" for my EE profile.

Any advice on this would help. Thanks!