+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - 16 weeks

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
15 - 16 weeks seems to be the average 'expected' processing time for ECAs in Toronto :eek:

Given that I dont have that long before my ITA runs out (and I dont have any education requirements for CEC - but they want to see an ECA because I got a few points for my declared education) is it worth just adding a note saying that the processing times too long?
It's also $250 on a useless bit of paper.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Generally, if they ask for something it is wise to comply. If you lose those few points, do you still retain enough points to qualify?

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
This may not be what you want to hear, but based on my interpretation of your situation, as well as what everyone says, if I were you, I'd decline the ITA until the report comes in. I believe that when creating an EE profile, CIC assumes that your educational credentials have been assessed by that point, and therefore selecting any of the options suggests that your education has already been equated to that option.

Also you mentioned that your ITA is about to expire which hints that you received ITA in one of the first 4 draws. Thus, I imagine your CRS score is above 600 points. Given that, I think it's pretty safe to say that you will be issued another one. This will buy you time to get your ECA or edit your EE profile according to the documentation you currently have in your possession.

I may be wrong, but that's just my take.