+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR - Canadian citizen spouse proof of work experience

abbyok96

May 10, 2019
My common law partner is a Canadian citizen and I am not being sponsored by him, so I have him listed as non-accompanying in my e-APR. However, he still has a section of his own in the application under “X, Unaccompanying, PR Spouse Form”.

I’m fairly confident that I filled everything out correctly after looking at similar posts (family size of 1, status is common law, wasn’t awarded any points for claiming him as a relative in EE), so I’m not worried about that in particular, as he’s already put in all his information. My main concern is the documents that he'll to provide- I know that he isn’t required to do a medical exam or submit a police certificate, but will he need to give any proof of work experience? Or is he also exempt from that?

abbyok96

May 10, 2019
Another quick question- he has two several-month gaps in his employment (one in 2017 and another in 2018) from when he was in rehab. He has no criminal charges or anything, and again, he's a citizen so I doubt they're going to be scrutinizing his section super closely, but I want to be extra careful. How should we list these in his Personal History section?