+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

During the EE profile-creation stage: How to fill in " What is the province or territory of your primary place of residence? (required) " if you are a

YULYTZ

Aug 20, 2024
I am applying for Express Entry with the intention to move to Ontario as soon as I find a job or am granted a PR - whichever comes first.

However, I am currently applying from Quebec, as I live and work there for now (I will be drafting a LOE for the intention to reside in Ontario and prove my ties). When creating my Express Entry profile, I am being asked the following questions:
1) What is the province or territory of your primary place of residence? (required)
2) What is the postal code of your primary residence in this province or territory? (required)

I am not sure how to fill these out and am unable to find sufficient information online. Logically, I feel like I should put my current address in Quebec. However, I am confused because when I spoke to an immigration consultant, they said I need to use an Ontario address that is available to me, even if it is not mine. I am unclear if they meant this for the profile-creation stage, or after the ITA, or if this advice is generally invalid?

I am worried that they will deem my profile as unsuitable if I am applying from Quebec with a Quebec address, even though it makes more sense to me to put my current address as the primary place of residence, especially since I am allowed to apply for EE from Quebec and only need to move if I am granted a PR.

Could someone clarify this, if they went through a similar situation?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am applying for Express Entry with the intention to move to Ontario as soon as I find a job or am granted a PR - whichever comes first.

However, I am currently applying from Quebec, as I live and work there for now (I will be drafting a LOE for the intention to reside in Ontario and prove my ties). When creating my Express Entry profile, I am being asked the following questions:
1) What is the province or territory of your primary place of residence? (required)
2) What is the postal code of your primary residence in this province or territory? (required)

I am not sure how to fill these out and am unable to find sufficient information online. Logically, I feel like I should put my current address in Quebec. However, I am confused because when I spoke to an immigration consultant, they said I need to use an Ontario address that is available to me, even if it is not mine. I am unclear if they meant this for the profile-creation stage, or after the ITA, or if this advice is generally invalid?

I am worried that they will deem my profile as unsuitable if I am applying from Quebec with a Quebec address, even though it makes more sense to me to put my current address as the primary place of residence, especially since I am allowed to apply for EE from Quebec and only need to move if I am granted a PR.

Could someone clarify this, if they went through a similar situation?
You need to provide your current physical address.
IRCC can access your details from SIN and health card details.

Reactions: YULYTZ