+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent (FSW-O PR + Quebec Study permit)

kksharma3951

Jun 7, 2021
Dear All,

I am writing this question in regards to an situation that I have faced, and maybe some of you guys would be able to take some lesson from it.

I am an FSW-O applicant with DEC 07, 2020 AOR. My ITA was on 26th September with CRS of 472. After my ITA, I had started applying for Jobs/PhDs in Canada, and I was successfully able to land a fully funded and scholarship included PhD (Starting in May 2021) in Quebec on Nov 30, 2020. Now after this, I came to know that the Dual intent is also allowed, and I was thinking to apply for Study permit (CAQ+SP). But, then I also got to know that Since Quebec has different rules, Applying for Study permit can be tricky and create a difficult situation.

Thus, I deferred my admission to Fall 2021 (Sep 2021) hoping my FSW-O application would be processed by then, and i would be able to land in Canada (Will land in Toronto first, and then move to Montreal as I cannot enter in Montreal as first point of entry). But looking at the current delay in processing, I am not sure my PR application would be completed till September.

So, I am not sure what to do further. I am thinking of applying for CAQ and study permit,

If I defer again, I risk losing 43000 CAD scholarship which reduces my fees to local rate (PR will also do that, but i want be able to write that I received this scholarship on my resume).

If anyone of you could help me it would be great @legalfalcon