+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Citizen checking out Canada

Bengy32

Aug 31, 2009
Hi,

I'm a dual citizen of Belize, and the US checking out coming to Canada. Can I become a citizen of Canada as well, or am I disqualified? I've been examining the forum, and the canadian govt website. I've been working as a chemistry lab tech in the USA since January. Am looking at going to Vancouver, BC area because am interested in film/acting, no family/relatives in Canada, I'm 19 years old. I might also take some classes at a school there, but not sure.

As far as I can tell I should probably stay at my current job until the end of the year, then find a job, and apply as a skilled worker. How much does the whole work permit & visa cost?

Anyone confirm/disprove this??

Thank you,

Bengy32

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Bengy32 said:
Hi,

I'm a dual citizen of Belize, and the US checking out coming to Canada. Can I become a citizen of Canada as well, or am I disqualified? I've been examining the forum, and the canadian govt website. I've been working as a chemistry lab tech in the USA since January. Am looking at going to Vancouver, BC area because am interested in film/acting, no family/relatives in Canada, I'm 19 years old. I might also take some classes at a school there, but not sure.

As far as I can tell I should probably stay at my current job until the end of the year, then find a job, and apply as a skilled worker. How much does the whole work permit & visa cost?

Anyone confirm/disprove this??

Thank you,

Bengy32
Extremely unlike that you would qualify at the present time. Lab Tech is not on the list of "38" and unless you have worked or studied in Canada you are out of luck.
See: www.cic.gc.ca under immigrate, skilled worker.

PMM