+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Bachelor (4 years) - should I do the reevaluation?

ssharonctw

Nov 11, 2021
Hi all,

I completed a dual degree program in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology which the program was 5 years full time and offers me both BEng and BBA when I graduated.

When I applied for the WES ECA, I was hoping to get it evaluated as two degrees respectively. However it came back to me saying that its:

Dual Bachelor’s Degree (Four years)

So I tried to search it up what that meant and whether it can be counted as “two or more degrees”. When I went to the comparison table provided by CIC, there wasn’t a specific result that matches with the Dual Bachelor’s Degree (4 years) itself. So I tried to search similar cases in the forum and found some says that the EE portal would count this as one bachelor degree only.

Since two or more degrees would be giving almost 15+ points comparing to a single degree to the application, I’m desperate with this finding as I completed far more courses required than a “single degree” and got my two degrees printed respectively from a university that’s well established (QS rank <30) . I’m upset that my degrees would only be treated as one. :(

I was wondering if anyone has had similar cases before?
With such classification could I still mention I have “two or more degrees” when applying the EE?
Or should I give another shot to IQAS instead? (Heard that they are more lenient.) Would they evaluate my degrees differently?

Many thanks!