Visa Office......
New Delhi /Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2014
Doc's Request.
5/May/2015 (supporting documents)"',, 01 June 2015 (docs sent to embassy)
Nomination.....
20/01/2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hello all

I want to know I have full UK driving licence which is valid till 2021. I want to exchange that licence in Canada can I exchange my UK licence in Canada or not ??

I also have 3 penalty points on my licence which is going to expire November 2014 and I can remove this point from my licence November 2015.

In that case if my licence has been exchanged than what about penalty points they also tranfer this points also on my Canadian license or not ??

Please reply me all

Thank you

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
naavsingh said:
Hello all

I want to know I have full UK driving licence which is valid till 2021. I want to exchange that licence in Canada can I exchange my UK licence in Canada or not ??

I also have 3 penalty points on my licence which is going to expire November 2014 and I can remove this point from my licence November 2015.

In that case if my licence has been exchanged than what about penalty points they also tranfer this points also on my Canadian license or not ??

Please reply me all

Thank you
If you move to Canada you will have to take a driving test within six months if you wish to carry on driving as you British licence is not valid after that.

Drivers licensing in Canada is managed by the individual provinces. Each province has it own rules for exactly how it handles foreign licenses.

But the good news here is that in most provinces you can get the full driving license if you pass your exam at the first attempt. If you fail though, you will have to start from the very beginning and get a student's license and then upgrade it gradually.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RomanSPb said:
If you move to Canada you will have to take a driving test within six months if you wish to carry on driving as you British licence is not valid after that.

Drivers licensing in Canada is managed by the individual provinces. Each province has it own rules for exactly how it handles foreign licenses.

But the good news here is that in most provinces you can get the full driving license if you pass your exam at the first attempt. If you fail though, you will have to start from the very beginning and get a student's license and then upgrade it gradually.
Wrong information. The OP has a full UK license.

S/he exchanges directly for a full Ontario License. The only test, is the eye test, I doubt many fail that.

How to apply

To switch your licence for an Ontario driver’s licence, you need to apply in-person at a DriveTest centre or the ServiceOntario College Park location in downtown Toronto.

You need to:

take an eye test
bring original identification showing your legal name, date of birth and signature
bring your original, valid out-of-province/foreign driver’s licence*
bring any original supporting documents that show proof of your driving experience
pay the applicable fees
fill out an application form (where you will state how long you have been driving)

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Yes, PMM is right!

I've just checked with appropriate sources. Every province/territory in Canada may have (and commonly has) a list of "Countries With Reciprocal Licensing Agreements" so that your U.K. full license can be replaced with a Canadian equivalent with ease. This is province/territory specific though, should check the procedures with local services.

I beg your apologies for misleading comment.

mianchd

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, Need advice on Exchanging Driving Licence in Canada (Ontario).

1) My Wife has a full UAE Driving Licence with 1 year of Driving Experience in UAE.

2) I have full UAE Driving Licence with 1.5 Years of Drivin Experience in UAE.
Also, I hold a Full UK Driving Licence (2.2 Years Old) with no Driving experience in the UK.

We hold Pakistani Passports with Canadian PR.

Can you please advise on the best (quickest) way to get a Full (G) Ontario Driving Licence for both of us.

I would also like to know if any other Canadian province can offer a quicker way to get driving licences for people in our circumstances.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
I currently hold full UK driving license (with no demerit points). I got my UK drivers license exchanged with Quebec's FULL driving license.

You need to show the following:

1) UK Full Drivers License
2) UK Drivers License Counterpart (UK is not issuing counterparts anymore)
3) Proof of citizenship/residency/visa
4) Proof of Residency in Quebec
5) If your UK license was issued in the last 3 years, you may need to show Proof of residency in UK

It cost me around CA$114. They will take your license to verify it online and return your UK Driving License and issue you Quebec's one.

You can check your UK driving license details here : View or share your driving licence information

Ontario's process is almost same : https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
So I was able to replace my UK Driving Licence with an Ontario one straight away. Follow the following steps.
- Locate your nearest Drive Test Center in Ontario.
- Take your valid Plastic driving license, and your Passport with you, don't worry about the abstract or Counterpart or any other paper.
- Join the line at drive test center where tokens are issued,you can get information here too, The rep will take a photocopy of your UK license, Passport (Country of Origin) and return it back to you, they will issue you with Tokken.
- Wait for your turn, when you are called,take your valid Plastic license from UK (Jurisdiction license if it's different from the UK ).
- The rep will ask what you want to do with it, simply tell them you want it replaced to a Full G license, but count your number of years you have driven,it can only be replaced if you have driven 2+ years, again the rep will not ask you for any proof-like insurance or any DVLA document.
- Fill the form in, with the number of years you have held the license, the rep will do their Paperwork.
- Rep will ask you to do a vision/eye test, its a machine like VR goggles, in it, will be numbered,you have to read them aloud to the rep, the rep will ask about which side the lights are blinking, they are basically like the indicators on the car.
- That's it, Pay CAD 90 and the rep will print you a Paper license valid for 90 days until you receive your Plastic Card license,thats your full G license right there.

You earned this streight exchange if you had driven with a full license on the UK Roads, Citizen or not. Don't forget to thank the DVLA and HM Queen for that LoL.

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So I was able to replace my UK Driving Licence with an Ontario one straight away. Follow the following steps.
- Locate your nearest Drive Test Center in Ontario.
- Take your valid Plastic driving license, and your Passport with you, don't worry about the abstract or Counterpart or any other paper.
- Join the line at drive test center where tokens are issued,you can get information here too, The rep will take a photocopy of your UK license, Passport (Country of Origin) and return it back to you, they will issue you with Tokken.
- Wait for your turn, when you are called,take your valid Plastic license from UK (Jurisdiction license if it's different from the UK ).
- The rep will ask what you want to do with it, simply tell them you want it replaced to a Full G license, but count your number of years you have driven,it can only be replaced if you have driven 2+ years, again the rep will not ask you for any proof-like insurance or any DVLA document.
- Fill the form in, with the number of years you have held the license, the rep will do their Paperwork.
- Rep will ask you to do a vision/eye test, its a machine like VR goggles, in it, will be numbered,you have to read them aloud to the rep, the rep will ask about which side the lights are blinking, they are basically like the indicators on the car.
- That's it, Pay CAD 90 and the rep will print you a Paper license valid for 90 days until you receive your Plastic Card license,thats your full G license right there.

You earned this streight exchange if you had driven with a full license on the UK Roads, Citizen or not. Don't forget to thank the DVLA and HM Queen for that LoL.
Do you have to submit your UK License to them? Or is it like you take the UK DL back home.