+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts about my application photos

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
This may well just be me being OCD and fretting over nothing but I am about to post my application for permanent residency and part of that is two send two passport-like photos of yourself. I have had these done not long ago but the more I look at them, the more I think I should maybe get better ones done.

My main doubts is that perhaps the photo is too dark and also looks like my head is very slightly turned to the left. I'm worried that they maybe rejected for these reasons as I understand they are very specific about these photos.

I have attached links to the images below and would appreciate any advice on what you think. Like I say, I maybe worrying over nothing and now that I'm about to submit my application I'm having doubts over the small details.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a wasted thread. But it would be good to get others opinions on it

https://imgur.com/PeYUmff
https://imgur.com/1DkJmV8

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
This may well just be me being OCD and fretting over nothing but I am about to post my application for permanent residency and part of that is two send two passport-like photos of yourself. I have had these done not long ago but the more I look at them, the more I think I should maybe get better ones done.

My main doubts is that perhaps the photo is too dark and also looks like my head is very slightly turned to the left. I'm worried that they maybe rejected for these reasons as I understand they are very specific about these photos.

I have attached links to the images below and would appreciate any advice on what you think. Like I say, I maybe worrying over nothing and now that I'm about to submit my application I'm having doubts over the small details.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a wasted thread. But it would be good to get others opinions on it

I can't view the photos but if you're having doubts get them redone. Costco (don't know where you are located though!) do them for $7. Nothing worse than posting off an app you're not 100% about. Even if they are $20..in the grand scheme of things it's not a lot for piece of mind.

Did you get them taken specifically for pr purposes because they are different from passport photo specs. If you did and it was a reputable photo centre you are maybe over worrying.

But ultimately it's your app, your decision.

Reactions: brooklette

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

I didn't look at your photos yet. But I would like to ask who took the photo, because if I remembered correctly, it shall be taken by a commercial photography studio, and also CIC requires the commercial photographer to stamp or hand writing his name/business name and address on the back of the photos. So, if your photos were taken by yourself, you better get it re-done by a commercial photographer, who knows the specification of what CIC required.

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
Thanks guys, appreciate the quick repsonses.

Like you said you can get them at Costco, I had mine done at Staples, so I didn't take them myself, they then stamped the back as required. I had to also tell them that it was for a PR app, so they knew it wasn't standard passport dimensions.

When I was renewing my UK passport I had them taken at a Shopper Drugs Mart and felt they did a better job. I assumed it was OK to get them taken at places like this....they advertise it in store so I thought it was legit

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

Like you said you can get them at Costco, I had mine done at Staples, so I didn't take them myself, they then stamped the back as required. I had to also tell them that it was for a PR app, so they knew it wasn't standard passport dimensions.

When I was renewing my UK passport I had them taken at a Shopper Drugs Mart and felt they did a better job. I assumed it was OK to get them taken at places like this....they advertise it in store so I thought it was legit
Well, since your photo was taken by a qualified commercial photography studio, I think you just worrying too much.,:) although there is a slight chance that the photo can still be rejected by CIC, at least that was what I was told by the photographer, who took my photos.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018

I did mine at Costco. No issues (so far!).

How long ago did you get them taken? Think they have to be within 6 months.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020

When I was applying for my PGWP, I got mine st Shoppers. No issues and got my permit

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
I did mine at Costco. No issues (so far!).

How long ago did you get them taken? Think they have to be within 6 months.
Yes, I'm sure it's just me worrying. But like you say, for piece of mind, I don't mind spending another 20 bucks. They were taken at the start of January so pretty recent.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Yes, I'm sure it's just me worrying. But like you say, for piece of mind, I don't mind spending another 20 bucks. They were taken at the start of January so pretty recent.
Not that this helps you at all if the application is sent back.. but when we got pictures taken for our application and PR card the photographer said they would retake them at no charge if CIC rejects them.

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
Not that this helps you at all if the application is sent back.. but when we got pictures taken for our application and PR card the photographer said they would retake them at no charge if CIC rejects them.
Yes, thats what Staples said, but if thats what happened I would be reluctant to use them again....if they rejected their pictures once it may happen again.