+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does study visa expire if you do not travel immediately after visa approval?

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
I read from someone here on this forum that if you do not travel to Canada immediately after your study visa , your visa can be expired. Is this true?

Is this true because my admission is going to be deferred and I might be traveling about 8 months later after my visa approval?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you got from Visa office is not a Study permit but only a permission to come to Canada. Your SP, based on the papers from university (official admission letter and proof of payment as well as available funds for living), will be issued at Port of Entry (at the Airport).

So in that permission from VO there should be the dates of its validity. You could come to Canada within those dates. Also you have to have a NEW letter of acceptance from the university which confirms the new dates of study.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

haseebhaseeb30 said:
I read from someone here on this forum that if you do not travel to Canada immediately after your study visa , your visa can be expired. Is this true?

Is this true because my admission is going to be deferred and I might be traveling about 8 months later after my visa approval?

Check for the expiry date on the top line of your visa, it is the date by which you must arrive in Canada.