+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does resume also have to match with NOC roles and responsibilities like reference letter?

VshAhl

May 7, 2023
Hi All,

I got Interest Letter from Ontario and am a bit confused on reference letter and resume part. I know Reference Letter should have roles and responsibilities matching with NOC but can someone please help me with below questions though?

1. Roles and responsibilities should not be exactly matching with NOC so I wrote them down by changing words like changed "develop" with "create" along with changes like adding my skill names like below
  • Communication with client and document the requirement of users to develop a new feature in the Informatica MDM(Master Data Management) system or fix the existing one
  • Develop new code so that data can be loaded into the system from external source without manual intervention
Can someone please confirm that they look ok, my NOC is 21231 which is Software Engineers and Designers?

2. I have experience in 4 companies, so 4 reference letters I will have, all of my work is in same NOC so how much difference I need to keep in my responsibilities in reference letters? I kept changes according to my work in that organization but just confused, because at the end its almost same kind of work in generic way like connecting with users, gather requirements, develop and test code, install things and all.

3. About resume, on Ontario website I don't see anywhere written that roles and responsibilities in resume should match with NOC, so my resume is in normal format where I describe my work but not in NOC specific format, so is that ok or I need to change my resume to match NOC roles and responsibilities?