+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does our employment satisfy EE?

AjoSaw

Aug 22, 2021
Forgive me if this is a stupid question or if I’ve posted this in the wrong place. We’re right at the start of the process and we’re unsure if we satisfy the job experience criteria.

We are from the U.K. and my husband used to work as a manager at a call centre although his job title was coordinator and not manager (he did manage a team). He did this full time for over 3 years and quit in 2016. Since then he studied for a PHD (but did not complete it) and worked as an associate lecturer while studying. This work was not part of his degree and was not work experience but paid work which he was hired for independently. We’ll need to check if the hours add up to full time equivalent (I suspect not!)

As for myself, I have worked as a support worker educating adults with learning difficulties in art and media. I have a Masters degree in Art but I have only been doing my job part time and only for 2 1/2 years.
From the sale of our property we have a good amount of funds (approx £60,000).
So my question is. Based on the information I’ve provided would we be candidates for Express Entry or should we look at a different route?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you calculate your eligiblility (67+) and CRS scores based on your qualifications with your ECAs and IELTS scores? Your work experience is eligilbe if the main applicant has at least one year continuous skilled work experience in NOC A, B or 0. You can count self employment and part time work.

Last edited: