+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does online work count for foreign work experience for EE? Please read

croft24

Apr 29, 2017
Hi,
1. Does anyone know if online work experience counts for foreign work experience for EE?
I have a years of online work experience. I worked more than 30 hours a week for a company that is located in my home country(outside Canada) while I was in Canada. I also have another couple of more years of the same online work experience with the same country when I was living in Malaysia (which isn't my country of origin where the company is)
For some time of it I was at school at the same time.
2. Would that be still valid if I was a student at the time while working, in both countries?
The company is providing a copy of my initial offer letter that includes: pay, hours, title and responsibilities.
3. I was wondering what would be the other possible documents they could ask for, for proof?
4. Also does anyone know if we get higher score for having foreign work experience that are under 00 or A noc code to compare with B?

Thanks for your help in advance

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
croft24 said:
Hi,
1. Does anyone know if online work experience counts for foreign work experience for EE?
I have a years of online work experience. I worked more than 30 hours a week for a company that is located in my home country(outside Canada) while I was in Canada. I also have another couple of more years of the same online work experience with the same country when I was living in Malaysia (which isn't my country of origin where the company is)
2. Would that be still valid if I was a student at the time while working, in both countries?
The company is providing a copy of my initial offer letter that includes: pay, hours, title and responsibilities.
3. I was wondering what would be the other possible documents they could ask for, for proof?
4. Also does anyone know if we get higher score for having foreign work experience that are under 00 or A noc code to compare with B?

1) I highly doubt about claiming points for online experience. (What was NOC?)
2) No, its not valid
3) Job experience letter is must, tax return, NOA, ROE etc
4) No they are all same

croft24

Apr 29, 2017
By online I meant the work was done on my computer but was always sent to them via email. Thanks for the reply.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
croft24 said:
By online I meant the work was done on my computer but was always sent to them via email. Thanks for the reply.
What kind of work ?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
croft24 said:
Translating and graphic design
No, you cant claim points. you were in different countries while student in one and working in other.

I will let other know if they can explain it better

croft24

Apr 29, 2017
I do still have 1 year experience which I wasn't going to school during but my visa status was student when I was living in Malaysia. And have 2 more years of working with them while having my post grad work permit in Canada.
What about the time I worked for them while I was working full time in Canada?
Thanks a lot

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
croft24 said:
I do still have 1 year experience which I wasn't going to school during but my visa status was student when I was living in Malaysia. And have 2 more years of working with them while having my post grad work permit in Canada.
What about the time I worked for them while I was working full time in Canada?
Thanks a lot
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/remote-work-exp-work-from-home-query-t487262.0.html;msg5957792#msg5957792

Follow this thread.

You were tax resident in Canada. Did you pay tax for online work? I don't think so.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
croft24 said:
Hi,

1. Online work experience does not clarify hours/week, even thought you mention it in your experience letter. Even if you enter such experience in your express entry profile and get an ITA, since the employer/company is out of Canada, it will be very hard for you to convince visa officer. and if visa officer is not satisfied or has doubts, he/she will give you rejection. It is your job to satisfy visa officer with proofs/documents. Did you pay taxes on your salary?
2. You can not claim points for any work experience gained while studying full-time.
3. Tax documents, from your country of residence at that time, pay stubs if they used to mail/email you such documents, money coming to your bank account, copies of emails which have communications about work between you and your employer.
4. Work experience must be in NOC 00, 0, A or B. they are all equal to claim points.

croft24

Apr 29, 2017
Thanks for replying. Yes I received legal pay slips and paid taxes. The only think I can't provide is the emails as it would be against the company policy. Do you suggest that would be risky if I include these experience in my application at all as I might get rejected?
Also, if one get rejected would they be able to apply for pr ever again in the future?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
croft24 said:
Thanks for replying. Yes I received legal pay slips and paid taxes. The only think I can't provide is the emails as it would be against the company policy. Do you suggest that would be risky if I include these experience in my application at all as I might get rejected?
Also, if one get rejected would they be able to apply for pr ever again in the future?
I tried to find everything about online experience on CIC website, I couldn't.

It is risky. If you are getting enough points without that experience, why to bother.

croft24

Apr 29, 2017
I see. The only way that I could get enough points without the online experience is, if I get above 8 score on my IELTS test and I have only 2 and half months to my work permit expiry date.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
croft24 said:
Did you pay taxes in Malaysia and Canada?
Do you have tax assessment documents from both countries?
Did you get pay slips in email or mail?
What kind of work experience letter your company is willing to provide you, full-time/part-time, how many hours/week?

Now answer to your next questions, would that be risky? yes, if visa officer is not convinced, straight rejection.
if one gets rejected would they be able to apply again - It depends on the type of refusal
1. if visa officer has doubts and you get rejection, you may be able to apply again soon after rejection. but you will have to mention those work experiences every time you apply in the future. you will be required to mention the reason of the rejection in every application you submit afterwards.
2 if visa officer thinks your documents are fraudulent, you will be banned for several years. in that case you have zero to none chances to get any visa approval in the future.

croft24

Apr 29, 2017
I have 1 and half year only work experience(B) in Canada. 2 years college degree. After revives 3 years post grad work permit which expires in couple of months and 2 year associate degree(college diploma) from back home and the online ranking system give me a very low number unless I get above 8 English score.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
croft24 said:
I see. The only way that I could get enough points without the online experience is, if I get above 8 score on my IELTS test and I have only 2 and half months to my work permit expiry date.
The way you write on this forum, I don't think you can get 8 bands in IELTS. You need way more preparation to score 8 bands. If you don't want to leave Canada after your current work permit expires, the only legal way you have is LMIA.