+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does My PR Spouse need to do PCC and Medicals? - FSW

jdoe28015

Aug 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a question, and I can't seem to find any direct links that answer it. I will be getting married this weekend, and my spouse is a PR. I was on the FSW express entry pool and have just received an ITA. At the time I created the application, I put Single in the marital status question, and now, it is clear that I will be married by the time I submit the PR application.

My question is this, does my spouse need to do the Police clearance certificate and medicals even though they are not accompanying and already hold a PR? I can't find any resources that address this. Or am I to file my application as a 'Single' person?

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Following as I also got an ITA yesterday and now have a similar question (common law partner who is a Canadian citizen). I sure hope that info is not required :p

I can say, though, that once you're married you do need to declare that as your marital status. Applying as single would count as misrepresentation.

I do wish that IRCC explicitly addressed this in... well, ANY of their materials that are easy to find. There's clearly an assumption that anyone with a Canadian/PR spouse is going to go the family class route, but that's not desirable or possible for everyone.