+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Leave of Absence from work Effect the point "continuous work of 1560"

Sabyasachi 234

Dec 22, 2020
So im in a dilemma hope experts here can help. I applied for my NBPNP in December last year and got my PNP in January 2024. Then I submitted my Federal application on March 2024, did my biometrics on April 2024. But on July 22nd 2024, IRCC send me an email asking for my updated job letter and 12 Months of payslip along with my 2022 and 2023 T4.

NOW my trouble starts here. After joining my current company on August 2022. I took a 2-month leave of absence. From 14th January 2023 to March 18th 2023, as I went back to my home country.

So now my question is that does this 2 months of LOA breach the condition of continuous 1 year of employment (1560 hours).

Please let me know i am very tensed at the moment.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
So im in a dilemma hope experts here can help. I applied for my NBPNP in December last year and got my PNP in January 2024. Then I submitted my Federal application on March 2024, did my biometrics on April 2024. But on July 22nd 2024, IRCC send me an email asking for my updated job letter and 12 Months of payslip along with my 2022 and 2023 T4.

NOW my trouble starts here. After joining my current company on August 2022. I took a 2-month leave of absence. From 14th January 2023 to March 18th 2023, as I went back to my home country.

So now my question is that does this 2 months of LOA breach the condition of continuous 1 year of employment (1560 hours).

Please let me know i am very tensed at the moment.
This is from IRCC operation manual for assessing employment under CEC.

"An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (for example, a 2-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience). An allowance for normal vacation time during a period of qualifying work experience cannot be used as a substitute or proxy for meeting the in-Canada element of the work experience requirement (that is, work experience obtained outside Canada will not be considered as though the applicant had been on a period of vacation in order to be counted as part of the period of in-Canada work experience). While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision."