+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does having previous visas to Canada improve chances of getting a study permit?

mararoo

Sep 26, 2021
Hey guys, so i applied for a study permit on september 3rd 2021. planning to study in january 2022. They started my eligibility review about 5 days after i submitted my application. but no results as of now, and im starting to panic. does having previous visas (including a valid visa) to Canada improve chances of getting approved? thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to show funds, strong ties to country, career advancement with higher salary and education advancement too. A visitor visa is just one part of your profile so it can improve chances.

mararoo

Sep 26, 2021
You need to show funds, strong ties to country, career advancement with higher salary and education advancement too. A visitor visa is just one part of your profile so it can improve chances.
Thank you for replying. Well i am a fairly recent fresh graduate going for a post graduate certificate in line with my undergrad major. I have also submitted a bank statement covering several months with more than adequate funds. An SOP was also provided (detaling ties to my home country). As far as assets,etc, that prove ties to my home country, i have not provided that, but i was hoping travel history to Canada would be enough to prove that i have no intention of illegally immigrating or misuing my visa.