+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does having a booked ticket influence your chance of getting a tourist visa?

shto

May 9, 2013
Hi.

I am a Romanian citizen, currently living in France, trying to get a visitor's visa for Canada (for visiting some friends there). On the whole, my file is looking good, as I have a place to work in France with a CDI (indeterminate contract), a place to live, I'm a permanent resident of another country (the Netherlands) as well etc.

I am applying online. In the "Itinerary, Travel" section of the required documents section, the website asks for "a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available".

My question: Does having a flight booking influence my chances of getting a visa for Canada? (i.e. will an embassy worker see that I have a flight booking and say "ah, ok, this guy is not going to stay around, cause he already has a booking, so that's another good point for his file", or will it not really matter?)

Logically speaking, all flight bookings should be made after you get the visa, because if you don't get the visa, or get the visa late, you just lose a lot of money on a ticket you are not going to use.

So, I'm on the fence about buying a ticket beforehand or not.

Hope I can get some tips. Thanks!

jaycee04

May 2, 2013
Hi Shto,

I would certainly advise you to get a return flight booking as this will be a good point. That is why they always recommend to apply in advance (at least 3 months) before your intended travel date.

Joseph